Philips Avent Teats
We've got asked a several times about the Avent teats. This note would briefly explain you about the different teats Philips Avent offers. Hopefully this would give you a better understanding about each different types of teat available.
1. The first teat is called newborn. It has1 hole and are best used for the first few months after a baby is born, milk doesn't come through to ensure baby wouldn't choke. For all Avent teats it can be said they are colic reducing.
2. The slowflow teat is a 2 holes teat. It is useful when your baby is a very slow drinker or falls asleep during bottle feeding. They can be used from the age of 1 months+. The milk gets through a bit quicker but not too quick so that your baby won't choke. The teat has number 2 printed on the side.
3. Number 3 teat is also called The "medium flow" teats. It has a number 3, have 3 holes and can be used from the age of 3 months +. Switching from a number 2 to a number 3 is fine when your baby is starting to drink milk faster.
4. Number 4 teat is also named the "fast flow" and can be used from the age of 6 months up untill your child stops drinking from a bottle.
5. Variable flow teats can be used from the age of 3 months+ and the great thing about this teat is that you can turn it into different floating positions.
All Avent teats are made of soft silicon and machine washable. Most times these teats come in packs of two. On the packing of the teats you'll find some information about the size of the teat. The Avent teats are all BPA free and reduces colic problems. Avent clinically tested it and it was shown that babies fed with these silicon teats got a lot less colic than babies that were fed with other teats.